The majority of roofs in the southern states need to be cleaned every few years. Mold, mildew, algae, moss, and lichens can grow on roofs. These contaminants leave black streaks or completely cover entire roofs with dirt and mold. These unwanted biological organisms and plants stain your roofs, increase the air conditioning bills, and contaminate your house and back yard with mold and related bio organisms.
Unfortunately, the solutions to these ugly stained roofs across the nation are not very good. Pressure washing contractors use bleach or chlorine. The concentrations they use are very high 12-75%. Even at lower concentrations, this simply bleaches the dirt and kills many of the plants surrounding the object to be cleaned.
Facts about Bleach and Chlorine
- Kills the plants and shrubs
- Kills fish or marine life
- Does not clean a roof — only bleaches the dirt
- Acts as a fertilizer
- Higher concentrations of bleach take the color out of your roof
- Only temporarily kills the mold as it comes right back
- Repeated pressure washing with bleach damages the roof surface
- Bleach also turns the cement into sand over repeated use.
- Delamine or degreaser based all purpose cleaning solutions soften asphalt shingles because these shingles are made from petroleum based byproducts.
- Bleach or chlorine will rust all the metal parts on a house such as gutters.
- Bleach can’t be used on wooden shakes or asphalt shingles
- If it falls in vinyl siding, it will begin to deteriorate the siding and make it chalky
Our system is an opportunity for cleaning and restoring roofs to their original. This is an LVLP (Low Pressure Low Volume) System which does the following:
- The roof will look “like new.”
- The products are organic, non-toxic, environmentally safe, biodegradable and USDA approved.
- Our system is safe for use around pets, children swimming pools and plants.
- Our system will retard the regrowth of mold, algae and mildew for 18 months to over 5 years.